JSI’s culture is focused on exceeding customers’ expectations and providing a place for our employees to grow their careers and prosper. JSI employees move faster, work harder and are rewarded for their achievements. We realize that our employees are vital in JSI’s success, and by recruiting, motivating and retaining only the best personnel we continue to be a leader in our industry.
Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Freight Logistics: Distribution Center, team leader in a warehouse oriented environment providing a variety of services, such as receiving, warehouse management, order fulfillment, and shipping
- Team Leader, problem solver, and self motivator
- Employee trainer; upkeep of training records, and customer document processing and filing
- Customer Service; using telephone, fax, and/ or email
- Receiving of product using warehouse inventory software’s, such as SAP or WMS
- Manages Inventory and performing Inventory Cycle Counts
- Makes or assist in determining decisions involving materials and parts movement and re-stocking.
- Follows set ISO procedures and customer profiles
- Handling and packaging of electronic components; specializing in integrated circuits
- ESD Split Handling of integrated circuits
- Documents and advises course of action to clear all discrepancies.
- Maintains and adjusts stock levels and prepares documentation for reordering all packaging supplies.
- Forklift movement of pallets or shrink wrapping of pallets
- Arranges and maintains filing and recording systems. Documents and records monthly activities for period end reporting. Establishes and maintains acceptable working relationship with customers and peers.
- Processes shipments for the purpose of shipping materials to end customers using forwarders and couriers; work with bill of ladings and courier software’s
- Overall general upkeep of warehouse, such as sweeping, breakdown of cartons, and/ or emptying of garbage bins
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a distribution warehouse setting with excellent customer service skills.
- Minimum 2 years supervisory skills.
- Technically savvy, i.e. MS Windows/ Excel PC’s, Crystal Reports & Inventory, Mgmt Software’s such as SAP, WMS, etc.
- Forklift Certified preferred, but will train
- Min. 1 year experienced using FedEx, UPS, and DHL software for the purpose of shipping.
- Excellent management skills, including coaching, training and supporting a team environment.
- Able to make independent judgments and perform with minimal supervision.
- Must have excellent communication skills – both written and presentation.
- Must be able to work under pressure, multitasking, and meet all assigned deadlines in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to organize, set priorities and meet critical deadlines.
- Strong project management and organization skills.
- Flexible to change (e.g. workload, responsibilities, and organizational structure.)
- Heavy team-orientation (willing to do whatever is requested of the person or team; has a good sense of patience and humility); results oriented.
- Unyielding attention to detail and timeliness; strives for a high degree of excellence in work quality, execution, and documentation.
- Dedication to process improvement.
- Bar code and RF scanner experience a plus.
- Must be self-motivated to actively pursue ways to improve the day-to-day operations.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 30lbs.
- College Degree is a plus.
- Experience in Lean Process and ISO certified environment highly desirable.
Please send all applications to email@example.com
This Position Description identifies the major responsibilities of this job. It does not include all aspects of the position such as the potential additional duties assigned by supervisors and the requirement for flexibility in helping others for the company’s overall benefit.
Position Summary: (Major purpose or reason for position.)
- Day to day completion of Export, Import, Domestic and warehouse operations.
- Establish relationships with carriers and vendors to ensure best possible service to JSI.
- Day to day customer service/support and business development
- Manage local vendor related payables
Essential Responsibilities: (Those which define the major aspects of the position and help to determine the degree of success in performance. Detailed duties are best specified on a job instruction sheet.)
- Assist and when required oversee the set up of the weekly consolidation schedules, based on service and price, and booking space
- Coordinate export and domestic shipments
- Prepare export documentation for daily consols
- Book non-consolidated freight; directs and ad hoc consols, as required
- Create and manage reports for customers where required
- Assist with import shipment processing and customs clearances
- Assist where needed in ocean shipments
- Assist in daily warehouse receiving and freight labeling
- Interact regularly with management to ensure the customer’s needs are met.
- Develop relationships with selected clients and prospects in order to set appointments and expand the company’s brand awareness by accurate need identification and solution positioning
- Follow-up with new clients to ensure customer satisfaction with the service being performed.
- Work with other functional departments to help provide service to customers and resolve issues
- Help resolve customer invoice / payment issues
- Support the development and implementation of assigned account Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assist with rate quotations; proposals; and various RFQ’s
- Schedule and conduct a pre-determined number of face-to-face sales calls as directed by local management team.
- Input sales call information into designated sales call software and provide sales reports as directed by local management team
- Comply with, participate in and help maintain department ISO program requirements.
- Complete job duties with accuracy and by set deadlines.
- Participate in various meetings with business development, sales team, and customers
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements: (Specify the minimum knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to execute the key responsibilities listed above.)
- Work Schedule Monday thru Friday. Includes one on-call weekend a month.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the Freight Forwarder and Logistics industry
- MS Excel and Words as well as email are mandatory
- Certified forklift is a plus.
- Must have strong problem solving skills and the able to think and respond quickly to sales and service issues.
- Effective follow-up skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to manage multiple projects and set priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills including diplomacy and patience.
- Responds promptly and professionally to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take pride in the job and perform with 100% accuracy on a daily basis without exceptions
- Able to be flexible, open-minded and handle a fast pace and stressful situations.
- Able to make independent judgments and perform with minimum supervision.
- Have positive and enthusiasm and the drive to succeed as well as a passion for the job
- A self-starter with professional, good common sense, and strong problem solving ability.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others at all levels within the organization
Reports to: Branch Manager
Oversee all aspects of A/P and A/R and corporate budget analysis and reporting.
- Maintenance of general ledger and account reconciliations.
- Oversee all aspects of A/P and A/R – including timely processing of all payments and accurate coding of all invoices entered into the general ledger system.
- Review and analyze account balances as necessary.
- Investigate and resolve outstanding and irregular items on a timely basis.
- Maintain all balance reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Manage accounting and financial systems and maintain accurate accounting records.
- Prepare and develop new accounting or reporting procedures including the maintenance of current procedures as necessary.
- Prepare monthly variance internal reports and other analyses to support decision-making and to identify cost-saving opportunities.
- Work with the Vice President of Finance to create annual income and expense budgets.
- Provide timely and complete reporting of actual financial results, including comparisons to budget and prior periods on a monthly basis.
- Manage accounting policy design and implementation related to corporate accounting areas and develop and implement standard operating procedures to comply with such policies.
- Work with external auditors throughout the fiscal year as needed and during the annual audit process to support their review.
- Responsible for internal controls, policies, and procedures to ensure appropriate accounting and disclosure of financial transactions.
- Manage procedures and computer application systems necessary to maintain proper records and adequate accounting controls and services.
- Provide accounting and financial advice, direction and leadership to management and to the accounting staff.
- Participate with management team to develop effective business, strategic, and financial planning proposals.
- Supervision of accounting staff including employee selection, mutual development of performance goals and measurements; planning and directing work assignments; creating atmosphere of trust and support; fairly administering company policies affecting staff; and communicating information for effective job performance.
- Performs other duties or special projects as requested.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA and/or CPA required.
- Minimum of 5 years of corporate experience with in house accounting and finance.
- At least 5 years of experience working in Freight/Logistics industry preferred.
- Management experience with at least 10 direct reports preferred; strong management skills including coaching, training and supporting a team environment and developing staff.
- Able to communicate effectively both written and presentation skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and other finance/accounting databases. Accpac experience a plus.